Sandy Lake Gold Project
The Sandy Lake Gold Project consists of 3,225 contiguous mining cell claims (67,600 ha. / 167,000 acres) of 60 kilometers / 36 mile strike length of the Sandy Lake Greenstone Belt.
S2 Minerals Inc. is the Operator of the Project and holds an undivided 100% interest of 54,900 hectares (135,700 acres) consisting 2,497 mining cell claims.
An additional 728 mining cell claims (12,700 hectares / 31,300 acres) are subject to Joint Venture Agreements with Goldeye Explorations.
- The Weebigee 50.1-49.9% Joint Venture
- The South Block 50-50% Joint Venture
S2 Minerals is the Operator of the Sandy Lake Gold Project, and all mining claims are and held in the name of S2 Minerals Inc.
The predecessor company, GPM Metals Inc. began activities in Sandy Lake in 2015, entering an Earn In / Option Agreement on the Weebigee Project in May 2015.
Terms of the Weebigee Option expenditures were fulfilled in 2020.
S2 Minerals and Goldeye Exploration entered into a Joint Venture Agreement in 2021
(S2 – 50.1% ----- Goldeye 49.9%).
From 2015 – 2020; an additional 2,310 cell claims were staked; 345 cell claims (6,700 ha.) of which Goldeye Explorations elected to participate in a Joint Venture Agreement pursuant to terms of 2015 Option Agreement. The South Block (6,700 ha.) is a S2 – 50% ----Goldeye 50% JVA.
Recent Project History
- 2014 Goldeye Exploration drill program 2,219 m at Weebigee Property (W 1- 2 Zones)
- 2015 S2 Minerals sponsored VTEM Survey 1,274km. and interpretation at the western blocks of Sandy Lake.
- 2015 Sampling and Mapping program at the Sandborn Bay – (Ni, PGE, Cu and Massive Sulphide ) and the Fishtail Tail Bay – (Au prospects.)
- 2018 Ground Mag Survey : 370 line km (W 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Zones) and 615 line km at Fishtail Bay.
- 2018 Sandy Lake Greenstone Belt regional VTEM survey, Gov. Ontario.
- 2019 S2 Minerals drill program 5,000m at W1 – 2 Zones.
- 2019 Mapping and Sampling W 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Zones.
Drilling to date by the S2 Minerals and Goldeye has focused on the W 1-2 Zones – this footprint is less than 5% of the entire Sandy Lake Gold Project mineral claim package.